I love my gel nails, I really really do and I don't think I will ever stop having them, cause my natural nails are just sooo crappy, but with everything out there, there are negative sides to them as well.
Let's take a look at these sides..
I have extremely bad nails and usually I have to get a refill after three weeks (my nails grow quite fast, who would have thought that..), but the last time I only got an appointment after four weeks and that's how they looked like when I was on the way to my appointment:
Horrible I know.. But after an hour they looked like this again: :-)
So let's take a closer look at the negative sides:
- Refills are pricey - 38€ once a month..
- Sometimes they break, i.e.: when your dog pulls on the leash like a freaking moron or you work a lot with your hands
- As you can see above at the end of the 3/4 weeks the nail polish tends to get stuck under the gel
- Sometimes the natural nails splits from the gel as you can see on my pointer, it doesn't do anything, but it doesn't look pretty either
- I prefer them to be matte, but if you don't get that finishing gel (which is only available it this high shine version) the gel won't last..
- You have to get used to your new nails, especially when they are longer than your natural nails
- With the gel your nails are strong, very strong, you'll have to be careful not to scratch your boyfriend while fighting for the remote.. *g*
I think I'm gonna do a positive sides post as well..
Hope this was helpful!