Thursday 12 April 2012

Review: Braun Silk-Épil 5

I was asked if I wanna test the new Silk-épil 5 epilator and hell yeah I wanted. *gg* I always wanted to try an epilator.

This one is quite a multi-talent, one can use it on legs, several body areas and even on the face. Here are some photos: :-)


The epilator itself:


All the parts:


A cooling pad to calm the skin:


The caps and charger:


As you can see, one gets a lot of tools. So what do I think?

I always considered myself a non-whining person, but I probably have to reconsider that assumption.. *g*

I must admit I didn't except it to hurt SO much.. First of all, one really has to let the hair you wanna get rid off grow, nothing I like..

When you reach the needed length you can start. There are two settings "gentle" and "thoroughly". I never got past the setting "gentle". *g*

To numb the pain you can use the cooling pad before using, but it still hurts. It really, really hurts..Yes, it's quite thorough and your hair is gone much longer, but personally, for me it's not worth the pain. I never tried it anywhere else than on my legs, sorry, but I couldn't..

First of all, I don't like the fact that I have to let the hair grow that "long" and the pain is just not worth it in my opinion.

I rather shave my legs regularly than go through that procedure.

In a nutshell, this is definitely nothing for me, too painful. Nevertheless, I read a bunch of really positive reviews, only positive reviews to be exact. So, I guess if you're used to epilation I think this is a great product.

If you wanna try it: I found it on amazon.de for 82€ *click* You can also see the detailed description on the Braun homepage here.

I hope it was helpful and thanks to Braun for letting me try it. :-)

Love,
Guinevere
The product for given to me for review

No comments: