Wednesday 15 February 2012

Review: Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum

It's review time again, am I a good "not-purchasing unnecessary stuff" blogger or what?! *gg*

Today, I'm gonna review an Origins product, yay! :) Many of you know that I looove Origins so I'm always more than excited when I'm able to test a product from them.

That is it:


The new serum in the Origins family. I've been testing this for quite a while now, back then it didn't have its final packaging yet. Therefore, that quite empty looking packaging. *gg*


It has a handy pump dispenser.


The serum is white with a bluish shimmer to it, pretty cool:


That's what Origins says about it:
"UV damage? Post acne marks? Age spots? Before considering a derm or drastic measure, discover Dr. Weil's revolutionary approach instead. Although it's not the same as a medical treatment, 83% of those tested showed a visible reduction in the appearance of dark spots in just 4 weeks. It works so powerfully because nature's radiant Rosa Roxburghii complex helps correct visible discoloration and quell irritation to help prevent it from reappearing. Skin stays clear, bright and luminous."

What do I think?

I'm quite lucky with my skin. It seems to be the only part of me that's healthy and pretty without me having to do something for it. So, this little fella had it quite easy, but I definitely have the impression that my skin looks more radiant lately.

My redness also got a bit better, I'm not gonna lie, it's still there, but it's been quite a while since my skin got really red, which is impressive considering the weather outside.

It sinks into your skin immediately and has a lovely smell, not that mushroom scent. More lemonlike. I love using it, I usually use it twice a day. Often, just alone, but if you have dry skin like me it won't be enough on its own.

So, is there any downside??

Yep and it's the same as always - the quite heavy price tag.. *g* In Austria, you'll have to give the Origins staff 62,50€ for it or run really really fast. ;-)

In a nutshell, I love it. It feels great on my skin and does give me radiance and it helps a bit with my general redness.
I'm not sure I would pay 62,50€ for it though. This is a lot of money. Nevertheless, quality tends to cost and Origins is still it the "normal" high end range.
My favorite comparison - a Sisley lip balm costs 75€.. That's what I call ridiculous, but Origins always delivers what it promises, their products are full of amazing ingredients and work with natures power.

I guess, everybody must decide whether or not it's worth the money.

I hope this was interesting and helpful.

Love,
Guinevere

3 comments:

DYWYHSM said...

i love it too! use it since 3 weeks now and i am so happy! my skin looks much better, feels softer and deals better with the cold weather! once again a great origins product!

Reklamedame said...

Ich kauf Origins Sachen wenns geht immer beim CCO in Parndorf, da sind die Sachen um ein Eck billiger, gibt halt leider nicht immer alles. Kauf dort auch ganz gern MAC, zB vor zwei Wochen hab ich mir den Mattene Deliciously Forbidden, den ich bei der *insertLEnamehere* LE nicht mehr bekommen hab um glaub 9€ gekauft, einen Paintpot um 12, und zwei Pigmente, die glaub ich jeweils 7€ oder so gekostet haben!

Reklamedame said...

Ich kauf Origins Sachen wenns geht immer beim CCO in Parndorf, da sind die Sachen um ein Eck billiger, gibt halt leider nicht immer alles. Kauf dort auch ganz gern MAC, zB vor zwei Wochen hab ich mir den Mattene Deliciously Forbidden, den ich bei der *insertLEnamehere* LE nicht mehr bekommen hab um glaub 9€ gekauft, einen Paintpot um 12, und zwei Pigmente, die glaub ich jeweils 7€ oder so gekostet haben!