Sunday 3 March 2013

Review: Manhattan Couture Carnival Eyeshadow Cream

Couture Carnival is Manhattan's latest LE. It's been out for quite a while, but since it's still widely available - let's talk about it! One product of this collection really stands out - the Longlasting Eyeshadow Creams.


I'm quite sceptical when it comes to products like those, cause they never seem to work. They always crease on me. The only cream eye products I usually buy are MAC's Paint Pots or the ones from MUFE.

But after reading some great reviews, I decided to purchase one. "Royal Coolness" A sublte rose shade, not much can go wrong with that shade.

Here's the look to it:




It looks lovely and guess what, at the end of the day it was still there! There was a minimal amount of fading/creasing, but so minimal you didn't notice it except if you were looking for it. I had no eyeshadow over it to set it and it still performed that well. 

So, when I saw the LE again, I got two more: "Ballroom Babe" and "Queen's Green".

Swatch-time: Ballroom Babe, Queen's Green and Royal Coolness


You should know that you can't really build the colour to intensify it, but for this wash of colour you see above it's great. I haven't used the green so far, but the brown one did an awesome job as well, so I'm positive the green works too.

All in all, I can say I love these! They definitely should make them permanent and extend the range. At the moment there are five shades. The three you can see above and a rasberry (Raspberry Dream) and a blue (Bohemian Blue) one:


If you still can get your hands on them, try one. I'm sure you'll love them. I might buy the raspberry shade as well.. Hmm... *g*

Love,
Guinevere

No comments: