Friday 27 July 2012

Birthday Day

Last wednesday was my birthday. I wanted to share what I've got and what we did that day(s).

This might be really interesting for my non-Vienna based readers who think about visiting one day. :-) It's a long post, bring some popcorn, but it's really worth reading!!! *g*

Let's start with the things I've got. From my fiancé I got: 

Four pictures we took at Scotland enlarged:


I love them, what a great idea. :)


I love bags and I wanted a Cambridge Satchel ever since I saw a friend of mine wearing one. I actually wanted a neon one, but Flo decided that's only for teens.. I will buy one myself later this year. lol

He also engraved it, with my future initials. The ones I'll have from the 17th July next year for the rest of my life. :-) Now they are V.G - next year they will look like that:






I'm gonna miss my initials though, Honey has the most common (boring) name in the world. *gg*

From my mother in law I got this cool lamp I wanted for ages. Classic old school:


From my family - I bought a laptop and my parents payed half of it. :-)


Now on to the sightseeing part. I wrote days, cause my fiancé has his birthday two days befor me. We decided to do some sightseeing, you never do things like that when you live in the city. *g*

On Flo's birthday we went to a newly opened attraction called "Time Travel". It's in the first district and awesome! It's about Vienna's history. We were the only adults without children though. lol

You walk through it, it starts with an animation where several historical people talk to each other. Next you see a 5D movie which shows the most important parts of Vienna's history. That was soooo cool!! 



Next animated Madame Tussaud like characters debate again about some historical facts. Then you go through a room dedicated to Vienna's famous musicians. 



Finally, there is another movie, not 5D and is mostly advertisment for other famous attractions in Vienna. Was quite funny to see that. It's weird to have your home presented like that.

Next stop was the "Haus des Meeres". 


A beloved attraction which we were quite disappointed by.. It's really small and not much to see. We went to the London Aquarium two years ago and that was more how it should like. Some impressions:


I love turtles.. 



Yes, I know, childish, but I didn't care *gg*



Tuurtleees



That was really rare.. How often do you see that?? 
I'm sure she was pissed, cause everyone was staring at here.


That one was so cute, I really wanted to steal him *gg*


At the end of the day I surprised him with dinner at the Harley Davidson American restaurant with his sister, her husband and his cousin, which was great, but I forgot to take pictures.. It was amazing to see his face light up.

Now to my birthday. 

We went to the recently opened tablet restaurant/bar named "Viereck" which my sister recommended. Gosh, that was a disappointment. The "special" thing about it is that you order via a tablet.

In theory a cool concept, in reality not at all - half the time we had problems with the tablet - program crushed, orders disappeared and so on. The prices summed up fast, cause the portions are all tiny, appetizer sized. 

To top it all off, the waitress was incredibly unfriendly as well. I could have slapped her in the face.. One of the four owners was there, he was the only one who was nice.

After that lovely meal ;-) we went to Madame Tussaud. I visited the Madame Tussaud in London years ages and loved it. I wanted to visit the one in Vienna for quite a while now. So, we did. :-) How was it?

Unfortunately, I was disappointing as well. We payed about 18€ per person and even though there were about 70 figures, it felt less.. We were done after 20 minutes. It was nice, but for the price we expected more. 

It did saw some exciting people though.:-)

Empress Elisabeth, I'm really fascinated by her. She was one of the reasons I wanted to visit the Madame Tussaud in Vienna, she looks beautiful!


Got my meeting with the royals *g*


I must admit I had to concentrate not to look too long at him. Didn't wanna upset my fiancé ;-)



By the way, how can anyone be stupid enough to cheat on Robert Pattinson.. Miss Stewart destroyed not only her reputation in one day, she also lost almost everything and for what? One fling with a married man with children who is twice her age. Never thought she's such an idiot. 

Hope you found that long post interesting and got some tips if you ever wanna visit Vienna. If you do, don't hesitate to contact me, maybe I can help to make your visit even more special.

Love,
Guinevere

6 comments:

samelike said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Vienna is very beautiful and interesting for me. I would like to go August with my boyfriend. Haus der Meeres is a spectacular building. Elisabeth was beautiful, ungarn means Sissi. Sissi was Hungarians quenn- we call it so. Great from Hungary!:)
Glücklicher Geburtstag!

Madame Bonaparte said...

The bag is really pretty, looks very teacher-like :D I'm planning on getting something similar, if I ever finish university and start teaching (as well as many blazers with leather pieces on the elbows... :D)

Time Travel looks interesting!

I visited Mme Tussauds last year and was very disappointed as well... Robert Pattinson doesn't even look like him! But I was surprised how tall he is. :D

Magnetius Nightsky, MA said...

@samelike - my fiancés mum is from hungary!! :-) Yeah I know it's Sissi here too, but I wanted to keep it international ;-) I'm obsessed with her. I know everything about her gg you need to visit the Sissi Museum in the first district!!

@juju: yeah it's totally old school, my parents couldn't believe it, those were their "normal" school bags and now they are "in" gg

I feel the same, seems uni's never gonna end.. I need those blazers those, I'm sure when I'm finished I own the complete Cambridge collection lol

From all the Robert Pattinson models this one is the best I think, the one in London and America looks awful, saw pics..

Chrisi said...

Hey!! Hab ne frage - wo findet man diese tolle tasche?? Nur online oder gibts in Wien einen store?
Lg Kristyna-co

nicole said...

i'm soooo jealous, I planned to have one too !!!

Magnetius Nightsky, MA said...

nein nur online leider