Saturday 17 September 2011

Review: Origins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream

I got a trial size with the other Origins products at the Origins blogger event. It's the lovely smelling whipped body cream:
My thoughts:

I really adore it. I didn't except to like it very much, cause I mean: ginger as a scent? I don't know, if I hear ginger the only connotation that comes to mind is cooking.

I was so wrong. I'm not the best when it comes to describing scents, but Origins got it perfectly right so here their description: "The embracing warmth of Ginger is married with the citrusy-crisp scent of lush, lighthearted Lemon, Lime and Bergamot."

It smells fresh, but not too summery, so it's perfect for every time of the year. There is a whole Ginger collection with 16 different products. From bath and body up to shampoo and a Ginger fragrance.

The lovely scent is intense, so if you use the cream on your upper body it might collide with your perfume. This could be a no-go for some of you. After half an hour the scent settles a bit and gets subtler. Nevertheless, it lingers, which in my opinion is a plus. If you don't want that I would recommend a fragrance free product from the start.

Pro:
  • lovely scent
  • fluffy texture
  • moisturising
  • absorbs quickly
  • scent lingers
Con:
  • price
  • maybe collides with your perfume

In a nutshell, it's an amazing product. The only downside is the price. 32,50€ for 200ml isn't exactly a bargain. So if you have some money and want to pamper yourself: get this.
I'm certainly gonna check out their fragrance rollerball..

Love,
Guinevere

This product was part of a goodie bag.

2 comments:

cucumpear said...

I find Origins much too expensive to get something like a body cream/butter/whatever, but I adore the ginger scent. In fact, I've used their Ginger Essence for years and it's the only fragrance I've used up and repurchased.

Magnetius Nightsky, MA said...

Yeah, it's really expensive, but I've certainly fallen in love with the scent as well.