Wednesday 31 March 2010

My First Make Up Tutorial For You

I wanted to do this FOR AGES, but I never got around to do it.. Bad girl..

But tonight's the night.. (yes, Dexter fan) *gg*

Here it is:


As you can see it's a purple one.

On to the things I used and how I made it. I always find it a bit boring to only see a list of the products. If I wanna see the products itself I need to look them all up. So I thought let's do it differently, how I would love to see it - with pictures.

Let's go:

The brushes I used:


Left: The eyes brushes: MAC 184, Coastal Scents crease brush, no name fluffy brush, MAC 226, Sigma 239, Medusa smudge brush

Right: Face brushes: MAC 224, MAC 168, Coastal Scents pink Duo Fibre brush, Sigma 168, Sigma 150, MAC 138

I always start with the eyes, cause I hate it when there is fall out and I have to start concealing over the foundation or removing it and then put it back on, so why the troubles when one can make it easy.

Products I used:


Too Faced Shadow Insurance
First row: Shroom, Lotusland, Creme de Violet
Second row: Grape (pressed pigment), Top Hat, Young Punk Mineralize Eyeshadow

First I applied the Shadow Insurance as my primer.
After that I applied Grape with the 239 brush.
In the crease I used Top Hat with the 226 brush.
On the inner corner I applied Creme de Violet and over it Lotusland with the other side of the 239.
To blend all the colours together I used the Coastal Scents crease brush which fluffy, but not soo super large.
As final step I sprayed the 239 with Fix Plus and pressed it into the Young Punk and tapped it all over the lid for a sparkling effect.
On the brow bone I used Shroom as my highlighter with the no name brush.
Under the eye I put on the inner part Lotusland and on the rest Grape and blended them together.

Hmm I just realised I made no pics of the mascara and the eyelash curler, well, next time - I curled my lashes with my shu uemura eyelash curler and applied three coats of my Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes mascara on my upper lashes and one coat on the lower lashes.

On to the face:

Products I used:


Illamasqua Satin Primer, the new Mac Mineralize Foundation in NC15, Mac Moisturecover concealer in NW15, Full Coverage Foundation in NC15, Kryolan Translucent Powder, MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre and Springshine Blush Ombre

I applied the Satin Primer all over my face with my clean fingers and let it sink in a bit.
After that I put the foundation on with the Sigma 168.
I applied the Moisturelash Concealer with the 224 brush under my eyes and the Full Coverage foundation which I use as concealer on my cheeks and chin with the same 168 brush.
I waited some minutes that the natural heat from my body melted it a bit and pressed it gently with my washed hands into my face.
Over that I put on the Kryolan powder which I adore with the sigma 150 brush which I adore as well.
As blush I used Azalea Blossom on the apples of my cheeks with the MAC 168 and with the MAC 138 Springshine as contour.
As last step, which I think is pretty important, I sprayed the duo fibre brush with MAC's Fix Plus and tapped it all over my face - this takes away the excess powder and makes it more natural, also Fix Plus helps to keep the make up put.

So how did you like that? I know it's long, but I think that was the best way. Please write in the comments what you think and if I should do it again. I enjoyed writing it. :-)

Love,
Guinevere

No comments: