Monday 15 March 2010

My Manicure Routine

I have horribly dry hands during the cold time of the year and always, doesn't matter which time of the year, dry cuticles.

I wish I had those hands and nails that look gorgeous all the time without doing anything for it, but as you may know of some of my nail polish swatches I don't.

Nevertheless, I try my best and with my routine I get them to be pretty for at least two days and then the dryness comes again. I thought I share my routine with you guys, maybe you find it useful.

Let's start:

These are the products I use:


From left to right:

A file
A skin remover gel/oil
A nipper and a cuticle cutter
A cuticle peeling
A cleaning file
A cuticle oil

I have products I alternate, like the skin removing thing:


I use the China Glaze White Tea Extract Manicure Soak (which is divine) or the skin remover from our local drugstore Bipa

and:


The Orange Cuticle Oil from China Glaze or Lush's Lemony Flutter.

So now to the steps, though they aren't that difficult to guess. *gg*

I start off with the file to shape and shorten my nails if necessary. Then I apply the soak/skin remover oil and let it sink in for several minutes.

After that I cut the excess cuticles - be careful, don't hurt yourself, the cuticle trimmer can be pretty sharp. I know some think it isn't good for your nails, but honestly, this pushing cuticles back thing only works for people who already have "almost" perfect cuticles..

Then I apply the peeling and massage it in. Next I wash it off and file over my nails with the cleaning file that removes excess oil, dirt and give your nails an even surface.

Last but not least - very important step - I massage the cuticle oil/cream and let it sink in.

And that's about it, I do this once a week. This how the result looks like.


Nice, right? I wish it would stay longer this way than two days..

Hope this was kinda helpful/interesting.

Love,
Guinevere

No comments: