Friday 14 May 2010

Massive NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil Disappointment

As some of you might have read, I've been in NYC some weeks ago - during the volcanic ash chaos. And there I bought a ton of make up, I don't even wanna say out loud how much I bought.. *gg*

And one of my top to-buy things was a bunch of NYX stuff.

I owned already some lipsticks, 2 lip pencils, 1 jumbo eye pencil in Milk, some of their palettes and 2 bags of them, which I've had ordered online on cherryculture.com some time ago.

I only use the Milk Jumbo eye pencil on my waterline, where it works great and I had heard so many ravings about these pencils as an eyeshadow base for example that I got myself quite a few.


I know, crappy artifical light picture, but it's enough for this purpose.

So shortly after returning I did a smokey eye. I even used UD Primer Potion underneath, just to make sure and then applied the black NYX jumbo pencil and directly after that the black eyeshadow to set it. It looked great. So I went off to work, I arrived and when I saw myself in a mirror I couldn't believe my eyes:


This is the worst that can happen. The NYX pencil had sucked up all the black colour and built this black ugly line. In an freaking hour!

And naturally at that day I needed something from my MAC store. Gosh that was embarassing.. I wanna make this clear - I'm not vain! Not at all, I leave the house without make up all the time, but when I wear make up I want it to be perfect, especially as a pro myself.

I rather wear no make up, than crappy, badly applied make up. So this was torture for me, cause I gotta be honest with you, when I see someone wearing make up like this I think: Girl you need help...

So if any of you dear readers know how to get these NYX pencils to be a good NON creasing eyeshadow base, please share your secret!

I know this probably wasn't the most exciting post in the history of posts, but I really wanted to do it, cause if you think about buying them as a base like me, you should think twice.

Love,
Guinevere

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i never used mine as a base for eyeshadow but i'll surely do a test at home first