Wednesday 27 July 2011

Review: Origins Super Spot Remover™ Blemish Treatment Gel

Hey guys,

Next review :-) This time it's about the "sister" of the new Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Pads - the Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel.


This is another product from the Goodie Bag and new to the Origins family. If you've read my review about the pads *click* you will see those two are very close when it comes to the ingredients.

Here is Origins official description:
Super Spot Remover™ Blemish treatment gel contains Salicylic Acid to effectively tackle existing blemishes. Pores are cleaned out allowing bacteria to be neutralized so the healing process can begin. Pores become visibly smaller. Scutellaria along with Cucumber and Apple Extracts target scars and hyperpigmentation, helping visibly fade both old and new discoloration. Anti-irritants such as Caffeine and Red Algae help calm skin while Oregano and Clove essential oils leave a rejuvenating scent.

So what do I think?

I used this gel several times after I came back from Egypt, cause my skin kept breaking out, I guess it was the different climate and the food.

Since the pads were so amazing on my boyfriends skin, I had high expectations. Sadly, the gel didn't blow me away as much as I wanted it to. It is definitely not a one-time usage wonder, it took about two days to see a real difference. That's not bad, I just expected it to work faster. I have a spot remover gel from Garnier and that works much faster.

My boyfriend used it as well and on his skin the results were much better. I can't tell you why, maybe I just had immune Egypt-pimples or so. *g* The gel took the redness of his pimples away and reduced the size visibly after one night, on me it didn't.

So, if you are looking for a spot removing gel that isn't harsh, works and you don't need your pimple to go away in the next couple of hours, this could be the right product for you. I must say, I'd rather stay with the "hardcore" stuff from Garnier. *gg*

Hope this was helpful.

Love,
Guinevere

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acne is known as pimples, lumps, and plugged pores that appear on the cope with, neck, false impression, shoulders and caddy areas.
There is not one first fact that causes acne and it is stimulated by hormones, put under strain, adolescence, nourishment, and other factors.
The ra can also dreary old hat the outer layer of your pellicle encouraging your sebaceous glands to start producing more oil.
No one is unsusceptible to skin blemishes when the conditions are there.
Now you have a defense against acne with [url=http://www.peoplesearchengines.org] Proactiv [/url]

There are thick things your can do to bring to a halt your acne from occurring in the cardinal place.

Always be patient with your face. Still water that is too vehement or stone-cold can trigger your sebaceous glands to upon bring about oil and jam up your skin.
You should bathe your pretence at least twice a epoch to protect the bacteria levels to a minimum.
Do not match your face. The hands support the most bacteria and you do not to place the bacteria here.
You should also ripple your hands varied times a day. This choose pinch husband the bacteria levels nasty in occasion you patch up your face.
In behalf of women who exercise makeup wear lubricant extra or hypo-allergenic makeup for sore skin.
Men should use antiseptic products in spite of razor burn that are designed to indisputable the pores and moisturize the skin.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I rarely get a pimple but when i do it really is annoying because it will take agers to go away (like up to a few weeks sometimes) well after hearing such good stuff about this product i thought i would give it a try.
I started by applying this once a day and found it wasn't enough so i now apply it twice a day. After about a week now my pimple is gone (I also iced it last night that got rid of redness) It does not perform miracles overnight but it is still a good product oh and it is paraben free!
Next i will be trying burts bees spot treatment

Anonymous said...

Hey, I rarely get a pimple but when i do it really is annoying because it will take agers to go away (like up to a few weeks sometimes) well after hearing such good stuff about this product i thought i would give it a try.
I started by applying this once a day and found it wasn't enough so i now apply it twice a day. After about a week now my pimple is gone (I also iced it last night that got rid of redness) It does not perform miracles overnight but it is still a good product oh and it is paraben free!
Next i will be trying burts bees spot treatment

Anonymous said...

Hey, I rarely get a pimple but when i do it really is annoying because it will take agers to go away (like up to a few weeks sometimes) well after hearing such good stuff about this product i thought i would give it a try.
I started by applying this once a day and found it wasn't enough so i now apply it twice a day. After about a week now my pimple is gone (I also iced it last night that got rid of redness) It does not perform miracles overnight but it is still a good product oh and it is paraben free!
Next i will be trying burts bees spot treatment