Thursday 31 May 2012

My Self-made Gel Nails Journey

Remember when I showed you the gel nail kit? *click*

As mentioned in this post, I decided to start doing my gel nails myself. Getting refills every three weeks (in my case two, cause my nails grow so freakishly fast) is too expensive for me in the long run and most of the studios I went to did a bad job anyway.

Wanna see my first full refill? Here it is:



Pretty bad-ass right?? *gg* I think I did a great job. :-) I'm sooo happy that I bought the starter set.

Before this complete refill, I did several "small" ones which mainly consisted of repairing and evening out.

A rookie mistake I already learned from: I focused so badly on not getting the gel onto my cuticles that I only applied tiny amounts of gel on the edges which resulted in peeling and breaking of the gel. The were too weak to last, as soon as I put loads on the edges (still avoiding the cuticles) they were rock-solid.

So, what do you think? Like them? 

Love,
Guinevere

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Cindy
gel polish kit